Purebred Breeders Sells Sick Puppies From Puppy Mills - I'm Joining The Lawsuit!!!
My brother-in-law bought us a Frenchton puppy as our Christmas Present from Purebred Breeders (866-592-5322) in December 2010. The dog was absolutely adorable! We named him Bentley because he cost so much. Supposedly Bentley was given a clean bill of health from West Plains Veterinary Clinic (417-256-4515), and signed off by "Cynthia Macy".... Well they lied! Our Frenchton was born with a genetic defect that their triple testing should have picked up on. Our puppy was given to us with an immune deficiency which resulted in him getting Lymphoma and Leukemia at the age of 2 1/2 years old. He had such an aggressive case that he lasted a week from the day of diagnoses. We spent so much money trying to save his life, as he was a family member, not just a pet. We took Bentley to our vet every year for his annual check up and was shocked to find out he was so sick. Even my vet was surprised by his diagnoses because of his age. We are truly heartbroken by our loss, and felt it was important to call the breeder up to tell them what happened to Bentley, since it's very rare for a dog this young to have such an aggressive cancer and it was due to genetics (medical tests proven). We didn't want any other family to go through what we went through. After calling their "866" number, and speaking to "customer service", I realized our beloved puppy was purchased from a money hungry company, with no morals! And a breeder who takes no pride or value in an animal's life. I spoke with "Tanya" in customer service who informed me that the lifetime guarantee was now voided because my brother-in-law purchased the dog for us and signed the papers instead of us. When I explained to her that the guarantee should go where ever the puppy goes, not with the purchaser, she stated "this is company policy". I explained to her that I didn't want another puppy from them, but instead for them to contact the people who purchased the other puppies from this litter so they could test their dogs and be aware of the signs for these two cancers. These cancers are very aggressive and need to be caught in time, but if you're not aware of the dogs genetic defects, then you would just mistake the behavior as the dog having a bad day.
I was told by Tanya that they will not inform the other clients and that there's nothing that can be done for us since the guarantee was no longer active.
This company has nothing but bad reviews online! Not one good review comes up for them, and every review is about a sick puppy and/or price gauging. This company has over 170 domains on the Internet so please beware of who you decide to purchase a pet from. Do your research. Google their phone number.
I will be contacting the attorney general in Florida and joining the class action lawsuit against them. They need to be shut down and I will not rest until they're out of business!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Purebred Breeders Puppy
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- " Adnana Ene, aka Nana Grecu has scammed many people who bought dogs from her while she was on Puppyfind.com. She is also the same person who owns a..."
- "I had recently ordered some discus fish and had a comment about the way they were shipped/handled. When I went to open my account it was no longer accessible...."
- "I ordered a couple of items from Zoomer Gear, LLC on their website on 03/02/2014 and paid with a bank debit/credit card at that time. I later received both..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "I contacted Tamia at 6478700100 this past tuesday. I went to her motel room in Barrie and we discussed what i was into and then i gave her 200 donations..."