Purebred breeders sold me a sick dog

31 of 166 Purebred Breeders reviews

i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week after I got the dog is was throwing up went to vet diagnosed with parvo fatal in puppys comes from fithy living conditions paid 6,000 to save the puppy and purebred laughed when I asked for reimbursement and told me to sue them knowing that the lemon law only requires purchase refund ,, sued breeder and found it was a puppy mill ,, HUGE SCAM HUGE LIARERS PUREBRED BREEDERS IS A MITI MILLION DOLLAR SCAM seen then on national tv recently selling dogs from puppy mills allover the us don't fall for this people shelters are the way to go those poor dogs are in a race with time for life help them instead of the greedy jerks at purebred breeders ,,, andy

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Sick Dog
Review category
Pet Stores
review #536794

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Purebred Breeders? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 5 No 5
Had the same issue 9 Yes 9
31 of 166 Purebred Breeders reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 28 #1204826 Eaton Rapids, Michigan, United States

I don't understand how getting a free puppy on Craigslist would translate into $800? Tell us the rest of this story!

1 1 Reply
AnonMouse

Oct 10 #1224605

Where do you see Craigslist? Did you even READ the post? From what was ACTUALLY said: 'i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars'. Next time read instead of assuming

Oct 11 #1225286 Albertville, Alabama, United States

Obviously, The *** wasnt reading with his eyes OPEN. It Clearly states Purebred Breeders. I dont know where Craigslist came from. unless he is from Purebred.

1 0 Reply
AnonMouse

Oct 11 #1225328

No kidding! You know what they say about assuming things right?

0 0
Azuka

Aug 28 #1204823 Eaton Rapids, Michigan, United States

This is a heartbreaking story. But, anyone who buys a puppy online and agrees to have the animal shipped is asking for trouble.
The Humane Society has lots of very nice animals and works hard to take care of them. All of OUR dogs we've ever had were rescues of one sort or another.

2 0 Reply

Apr 26 #1150487

Sorry to hear that Andy. It seems that you are to trust no one.
I went to a classified in a newspaper for a free Yorkie puppies to replace my beloved Yorkie that had passed a few months ago after 15 yrs
Well to make a long story short, they scammed me out of $800.00 which now again will take me forever to save as I'm on Social Security Disability and they don't pay us much.
I called the police but they said there was nothing they could do. I continually beat myself over it.
After doing more research I found she had several adds in the newspaper all under different names. I reported her to the paper but have not heard anything!!!
So I guess nowadays DONT trust anyone. Dolly

4 0 Reply

Apr 17 #1145936

That's what happens when you support puppy mills, duh.

6 3 Reply

Feb 16 #1113056

No *** shelters are the way to go... so why did you buy this dog?? Also calling BS on this, even a bad case of Parvo is no $6,000!

7 4 Reply

Oct 05, 2015 #1043731

Even if the pup got parvo, it could have been exposes anywhere on the journey. The question that really needed to be asked by the new owner was did this puppy get all his shots. If not, that should have been the first thing the new owner did. Sounds more like a fabricated story to cover up the fact that you didn't do your job as an owner and get your puppy their shots when you should have.

4 7 Reply

May 09 #1156275

That's completely untrue. This is so common, I can't tell you how many hundreds (no exaggeration) of stories I have listened to and read of people buying puppies from online breeders, websites, or newspaper ads and they either don't get the puppy at all because they Western Union the money and the person disappears, or they get the puppy and it either has parvo, a parasite, multiple parasites, or congenital deformities. The breeder or seller or whatever you want to call them at this point doesn't ever respond to the buyer again once they have the puppy. I do rescue work and without really trying to I now specialize in online and advertising puppy scams as well as helping people who pay for and receive a pet that is deathly ill and either dies in the first month (40%+) or spend so much time in an animal hospital it ends up costing thousands of dollars. That's how big a problem this is. So don't accuse this person of lying, I bet without being aware of it you know someone that has been a victim of this, that's how widespread a problem this is.

7 1 Reply

Nov 19 #1243124 San Jose, California, United States

I need to call bs.
I do not think you "work in rescue". Any rescuer would never have made the comment you did, basically all for the buyer. A real rescuer would have just never commented the way you did. I think your a keyboard hero. Big difference in actually getting your hands dirty, and typing away calling yourself something your not. A real rescuer would have been upset for the dog. And the fact that the breeder and parent are both to blame. Stop calling yourself a rescuer because I guarantee your anything but.

1 0 Reply
Bellatrix

Sep 23, 2015 #1038234 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

wow. $6000 to save a pet with parvo? My baby boy was in the hospital for a week with parvo at 3 1/2 months old, survived (my big strong boy), and only cost me $200. He is now 6 1/2 months old and doing wonderful!!!

5 1 Reply

May 09 #1156285

$200 for a week in the vet's office? Wow, I want the name of your vet as I'm in state college, pa and would certainly drive the 2 and 1/2 hours to Pittsburgh for that kind of pricing! I had my pug in the animal hospital here for 2 nights for IV fluids and antibiotics and that cost me $3,200! $6,000 for a week in the animal hospital and parvo treatment is totally within the normal cost range for a puppy. I work with rescues specializing in helping people that have been the victims of online and general advertising pet scams that are sold a sick pet or that pay for a pet and don't get one at all. I have had several hundred cases of puppies being sold online, paid for with a health guarantee, flown or driven to the buyer, and within the first week the puppies have either died of parvo (40%+, most die in the first 2 days actually) or are in an animal hospital in the ICU clinging to life. I've had bills for a week of in-patient treatment well over $10,000 depending on the breed, the extent of the disease, and what other parasites and illnesses the puppies have. I bet 90%+ of puppies that I deal with that have parvo also have giardia, coccidia, pneumonia, bronchitis, ear and eye infections with bacteria, fungus, and yeast, kennel cough, Lyme disease, I can go on and on. People don't realize how big this online puppy scam really is, it effects well over 1,000 people a day in the U.S. alone.

3 0 Reply

Nov 19 #1243125 San Jose, California, United States

Parvo support cost does not go off breed or type of dog. Omg.
You tell a lot of stories. Smh.
Keyboard warrior 100%
There is also no treatment for parvo. Only support. And if a new fur parent did right by the new puppy, they'd be in for a check up, exam and vaccines in the first 48 hours of receiving the pup.

Aug 18 #1200663 Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, United States

Wow where in the world did you only pay $200 with a weeks stay at the vets? I bought a puppy that the breeder said had been sick, but was now fine. She had giardia and gave it to both my other dogs and myself.
All on the mend but are at over $400 and one over night stay for one of the dogs. Also paying for special diets for all.

Rayvenwind

Nov 30, 2014 #908134 Middletown, Connecticut, United States

If they could afford 6000$ for the vet you would think they would have to have a pretty well paying job and with the spell, grammar and just horrible sentence structure Im not really seeing it.

6 7 Reply
papamarmar

Oct 05, 2014 #880207 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

i have to call this a lie ! I am a breeder with this website and they are very serious about the fecal test coming out clean before u can send the dog on the plane! the process to become a breeder with the is long and thorough. I say the dog was probably sickened by the flight or after landing.

7 5 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Purebred Breeders. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Purebred Breeders.
Filing a new complaint about
×