1.1K views

I contacted the breeder who muddled hello & I had to ask if I had the right number to purchase a shar pei.I asked for reasons to use her and she said it was my decision.

She kept demanding I use a wire transfer, telling me that's how she does business & no one else cares. She then agrees to a cashier check for the deposit. She won't take whole payment up front via cashiers check, her reason is she would have it all spent if something happened. Ultimately she changed the plan and wanted a wire transfer for the second part once she received the deposit.

When I wanted to send a check she cancelled the sale.

There is nothing online confirming the legitimacy of this company but do not wire transfer them money, it is the biggest way to scam you from it.The sad thing is my wife and kids were lead on by this individual.

Had an Experience with Purebred Breeders?

Comments

I have worked with Wags and Wrinkles and it was a flawless and kind exchange from the owner.She is wonderful and always helps us with questions and Sharpei needs after our puppy purchase.

We drove from Fl to Iowa to visit her home and see her Sharpei family...we were welcomed.We have the most amazing Sharpei because of a Neena and would buy from her many times again.

I purchased a Shar-pei from her and it was legitimate in every way.

No issues whatsoever.

Love my Pei!

Be careful with this breeder.We got a very unhealthy dog from her.

He has a lifelong condition that she doesn't stand behind.

She never invites potential buyers to her facility.Check with the state of Iowa on any facility reports before buying an expensive dog.

to Anonymous #1392630

You really are *** up.We have had around 6 pies in the past.

We researched several breeders before we purchased a VERY Loveable pei again. Wags & Wrinkles are a top notched breeder. We purchased other peis in the past and the last 2 pei's did not live past the age of 2.

years.

The breeders before Wags & Wrinkles. I deeply feel that these peis were from a puppy mill.

Both died of shar-pei fever. I never even heard of this disease before.

Alot of tears were shead and did not want to go through this pain again. Needless to say we purchsed our little Izzy from wags and wrinkles and never experienced the love that our Izzy gives us daily. We then purchases another 2 Pei's from her. All our mini Pei's are the most loveable Pei's ever and I believe that they think that they are human.

Wags and wrinkles raises her Pei's to be so loveable and the reason is because this breeder raises her peies with alot of love. This love has to begin the day they were born.

We would have a house full of her Pei's if we could.God bless Wags & Wrinkles for giving us the most loveable Pei's ever.

Hanford, California, United States #1265559

What he didnt explain is that he got a full refund. I am the breeder and he was a demanding pushy fellow who I no longer wished to do business with.

Monrovia, California, United States #955202

Neena is awesome.If you don't want to wire the monies and don't trust the process, walk away.

Her policy is her policy and if you don't like it, move on. I can say that Neena is awesome, and our pet shar pei is nothing but a joy. We are awaiting the next litter to buy another one. If you are looking for shar pei, Wags n Wrinkles is the place to go!!

Xoxo.Ivanka, california

This buyer was a rude, demanding person who wanted to do everything his way and thought I should change my way of doing business to suit him.I finally gave in and let him send his deposit the way he preferred to do and it came late as I predicted by regular mail.

So I asked him when time came to do the rest of the payment, to send a bank wire as requested. He didnt want any part of it . He made it clear time after time he just didnt feel comfortable buying from an "unknown breeder". I was not comfortable with the fact he didnt have any faith in me as a breeder and figured there would be issue after issue to deal with in the future.

So I returned his deposit and told him I would not sell him the puppy. He then went to every social media site he could think of and tried to make me look like some sort of scammer. Didnt quite make sense to me. If I were a scammer , I would have taken the money however he wanted to send it and he would have got nothing in return.

Instead , I willingly sent all his money back to him. Even after he moved on to another breeder and informed me he bought elsewhere, he continued to complain all over the internet.

He was just angry because he couldnt run the show.I dont think too many have told him no and followed through.

Humble, Texas, United States #903142

i made a deposit on a puppy from this woman a few years ago.I was concerned after I saw pictures of the puppy following the eye tuck.

I showed the pictures to my vet and he advised me to back out of the purchase. (IMO) The vet that did the work obviously did not know what he was doing. After several conversations with the breeder I decided to cut my losses and lose the deposit. Look at her website!

Look at the large number of sires and dames that she has.

(IMO)Looks like a puppy mill to me!Do your research, there are a lot of good breeders out there.

to Anonymous #1006727

First of all , it is not called an eye tuck, it is called eye tacks.And I might say that all vets do not know enough about the shar pei breed to make that judgement.

Maybe your vet was one of them. You commented on the number of sires & dams I show on my site. Well, at least I am not like some who lie about the amount of dogs they have and never do show them. Do YOUR research.

I AM a good breeder!If you would rather buy from a backyard breeder with no license and no regulations to follow, then be my guest.

to Anonymous #1350271